Please read these terms of service (“terms”, “terms of service”) carefully before using the goodliving.com or school.goodliving.com websites (the “service”) operated by Miller Innovation, BLLC doing business as the School for Good Living, including our trained coaches (“us”, ‘we”, “our”, “Licensor”) and offered to you (“you”, “Licensee”), with both us and you collectively referred to as the “Parties”.
Any time you use the site, send and email, etc., you agree to this agreement.
Conditions of Use
We will provide their services to you, which are subject to the conditions stated below in this document. Every time you visit this website, use its services or make a purchase, you accept the following conditions. This is why we urge you to read them carefully.
While we will provide a broad range of services to assist you in bettering your life, coaching is not professional counseling or therapy, and we are not a licensed psychologist, therapist, clinical social worker, marital or family counselor, or other medical or counseling professional. Coaching is not a substitute for psychological counseling, therapy, or professional healthcare advice, nor is it intended to be. We do not diagnose or treat medical disorders (including but not limited to substance abuse disorders and mental illnesses), provide legal, financial, or accounting advice, and coaching is not a substitute for any such professional services. If you are currently receiving professional therapy or medical treatment, you are encouraged to continue such treatment under the guidance of appropriately licensed medical professionals notwithstanding the coaching services being provided hereunder. You expressly acknowledge and understand that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, mental, medical or other qualified professionals and will seek independent professional guidance for such matters.
You agree to pay us the amounts specified during the enrollment process for any particular course or program for which you enroll. We will typically automatically debit your credit card, bank account, or PayPal account for each month’s or program’s fee, however, the absence of a debit does not release you from payment obligation.
Arm’s Length Agreement
This agreement and each of its terms are the product of an arm’s length negotiation between the Parties. In the event any ambiguity is found to exist in the interpretation of this agreement, or any of its provisions, the Parties, and each of them, explicitly reject the application of any legal or equitable rule of interpretation which would lead to a construction either “for” or “against” a particular party based upon their status as the drafter of a specific term, language, or provision giving rise to such ambiguity.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of the terms, whether standing alone or as applied to a particular occurrence or circumstance, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other term or of any other applications of such term.
Agreement to Participate Fully
You agree to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance, and create the time and energy to participate fully in the coaching program. You acknowledge that open and honest communication with us is an essential component of life coaching, and that absent such communication the effectiveness of the life coaching provided under these terms will be substantially diminished.
Assumption of the Risks and Release
You acknowledge that the achievement of your goals and quality of your life are not within our control, and that your own effort, hard work, talent, and good fortune will ultimately be responsible for your successes and failures. We cannot and have not made any promises or representations concerning or relating to any specific results that will be achieved through the coaching services to be provided. We make no guarantees, warranties, or representations with respect to the services to be provided, express or implied, and any such guarantees warranties, or representations are expressly disclaimed.
You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from these terms or your participation in coaching services, or your associates’, business’, or family’s use of or presence upon the our facilities, whether caused by you, your family, your associates, your business, us, or other third parties. In addition to all coaching fees, you agree to pay for all damages to facilities occupied or managed by us caused by any negligent, reckless, or willful actions by you, your family, associates, or business. In no event will we be liable to you for consequential, punitive, or special damages, and you expressly waive any and all claims for such damages or any other damages or remedy not specifically provided for under these terms. Notwithstanding any damages that the you may incur as a result of our breach of these terms or your dissatisfaction with any services rendered by us, our entire liability, and your exclusive remedy, will be limited to the amount you paid to us for all services rendered up until the date you make a claim seeking a remedy.
- CONFIDENTIALITY. Coach agrees that it will keep all information shared by Client confidential, and that Coach will not share any such information with third parties without Client’s express permission unless required by applicable law. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Client hereby grants Coach permission to use Client’s name as a customer reference.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
Content published on this website (curriculum, digital downloads, images, texts, graphics, logos) is the property of Miller Innovation, BLLC and/or its content creators and protected by international copyright laws. The entire compilation of the content found on this website is the exclusive property of Miller Innovation, BLLC, with copyright authorship for this compilation by Bryan Miller and Miller Innovation, BLLC.
We grant you a non-exclusive limited license to access and make personal use of this website. You are not allowed to download or modify it. This may be done only with written consent from us.
Licensor has developed an experiential learning program it calls Life’s Best Practices Breakthrough Coaching™ (the “Program”). Licensor also developed and established and continues to develop and establish intellectual property ownership, including curriculum, online platforms, copyrights, trademarks, and know-how, in (i) tools to help others implement the Program for their own clients (the “Tools”), (ii) knowledge, information and guidance intended help others implement the Program (the “Information”), and (iii) created the trade name School for Good Living and Life’s Best Practices and associated logos to identify the Program (the “Marks”). The Tools, Information and Marks collectively referred to as the “Licensed Content”. Licensor agrees to provide the Licensed Content to Licensee in a non-exclusive limited license so that Licensee may use the Program to coach Licensee’s own clients through materials included in the Tools, and for no other purpose (the “Use”), and as long as Licensee meets the following conditions, which Licensor may modify at any time:
- Licensee has completed the Life’s Best Practices Breakthrough Coaching program,
- Licensee has completed the School for Good Living Coach Training Program,
- Licensee has passed any certification exam required by Licensor, and
- Licensee remains in good standing, with requirements for good standing including but limited to:
- Any payments due to Licensor are paid in full and on time,
- These terms and any and all other agreements between Licensor and Licensee have been honored by Licensee, and
- In Licensor’s sole discretion, Licensee has committed no ethical violations of generally accepted coach behavior.
Pursuant to the terms of this Copyright and Intellectual Property section and Licensee meeting all required conditions above, Licensor and Licensee, agree as follows:
- GRANT OF LICENSE. Subject to the limitations set forth herein, Licensor grants Licensee a revocable, non-confidential, non-exclusive license to distribute, display and otherwise use the Licensed Content.
- USE REQUIREMENTS AND RESTRICTIONS. Licensee agrees that Licensee:
- Will use the Licensed Content only in accordance with guidelines Licensor gives to Licensee, including any requirements for the use of ™, SM, ® or other intellectual property marks;
- Will use disclaimers, descriptions or terms mandated by Licensor, or reasonable within the circumstances, when using the Licensed Content (for example- Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, etc.);
- Will comply with any Program requirements outlined in the official LBPBC curriculum, instruction materials, coach training materials, or other associated material created by Licensor;
- Will not use the Licensed Content or any derivative works for packaging or resale into any product other than the Program as offered by the Licensor, subject to the terms under this License Agreement;
- Will participate in and assist Licensor in its Program data collection activities, and comply with all data collection requirements outlined in any Program instructions;
- Will not edit, alter, change or make any derivative works of the Licensed Content except as permitted in writing by Licensor;
- Will identify Licensor as the creator, owner and/or licensor of the Licensed Content and any derivative works of the Licensed Content;
- Shall not assign or sublicense the rights granted herein;
- Shall not misrepresent any other content of third parties as the Licensed Content or subject to the ownership or control of Licensor;
- Shall not use the Licensed Content or the Program to promote, encourage or otherwise convince others to support any legislation or candidate for office;
- Shall cease use of all Licensed Content upon termination of this Agreement;
- Acknowledges that this list of Use Requirements and Restrictions may be updated from time to time by the Licensor, and any notification from Licensor to Licensee of any such update is binding upon Licensee.
- OWNERSHIP OF CONTENT. Licensee acknowledges that Licensor owns and/or is the rightful licensor of the Licensed Content, all derivative works of the Licensed Content Licensee may create, and all goodwill associated with the Marks or any other trademarks or service marks.
- RELATIONSHIP OF THE PARTIES. The parties to this agreement are independent of each other and their relationship is solely that of licensor and licensee. The making of this agreement does not represent a joint venture nor does this agreement appoint Licensee as an agent of Licensor. Licensee is not authorized to speak on behalf of or represent Licensor, and Licensee shall not make any statements stating or implying that Licensor endorses or supports any position of Licensee or any lobbying or legislative efforts of Licensee unless Licensee has obtained Licensor’s explicit written approval for such statements.
- MEDIA RELEASE. Licensee grants, without monetary compensation, Licensor irrevocable permission for non-exclusive use of Licensee name, photographs, quotes, and/or video footage taken or produced by Licensor or provided to Licensor by Licensee (the “Media”), for any purpose in any medium related to the Licensor’s business, profit or non-profit, including but not limited to education, marketing, and promotional purposes. Licensee hereby releases Licensor, its agents, representatives, owners, officers, employees and directors from all liability relating to the use of Media. Licensor understands that all publishing and copyrights associated with Media will remain the sole property of Licensor.
- TERMINATION. This license shall be effective until terminated. Either party may terminate this agreement at will or upon breach of this Agreement upon ten (10) days’ written notice to the other party. Upon termination by either party, Licensee will immediately discontinue the use of the Licensed Content.
- REMEDIES. The parties acknowledge that monetary damages alone may be inadequate to compensate Licensor in the event of a breach of this Agreement. Therefore, in the event of a breach or threatened breach of this Agreement, Licensor may, in addition to all other remedies, immediately seek and enforce injunctive relief prohibiting the breach or compelling specific performance.
The entire communication with us is electronic. Every time you send us an email or visit our website, you are going to be communicating with us. You hereby consent to receive communications from us. If you subscribe to the news on our website, you are going to receive regular emails from us. We will continue to communicate with you by posting news and notices on our website and by sending you emails. You also agree that all notices, disclosures, agreements and other communications we provide to you electronically meet the legal requirements that such communications be in writing.
By visiting this website, you agree that the laws of the State of Utah, USA, without regard to principles of conflict laws, will govern these terms of service, or any dispute of any sort that might come between Miller Innovation, BLLC and you, or its business partners and associates.
The parties will attempt to resolve any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement through friendly negotiations. Contact via the email address above herein is considered notice under this Agreement. If the matter is not resolved by negotiation, the parties will resolve the dispute using this Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) procedure: Any controversies or disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement will be submitted to mediation in accordance with any statutory rules of mediation. If mediation is not successful in resolving the entire dispute or is unavailable, any outstanding issues will be submitted to final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator’s award will be final, and judgment may be entered upon it by any court having proper jurisdiction.
Comments, Reviews, and Emails
Visitors may post content as long as it is not obscene, illegal, defamatory, threatening, infringing of intellectual property rights, invasive of privacy or injurious in any other way to third parties. Content has to be free of software viruses, political campaign, and commercial solicitation.
We reserve all rights (but not the obligation) to remove and/or edit such content. When you post your content, you grant Miller Innovation, BLLC non-exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, publish, modify such content throughout the world in any media.
If you are an owner of an account on this website, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your private user details (username and password). You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account or password. You are not authorized to share your user account with anyone.
We reserve all rights to terminate accounts, edit or remove content and cancel orders in their sole discretion.
You agree and acknowledge that you are under no pressure or duress to agree to these terms and that you have been given a reasonable opportunity to review them before agreeing. You further agree and acknowledge that you are free to have legal counsel review this agreement.
If you are a coach using any of our products or services, you agree that you will keep all information shared by any other clients or product or service users confidential, and that you will not share any such information with third parties without express permission unless required by applicable law.
Modification of These Terms
We reserve the right to modify these terms at any time, and your continued use of any product or service affirms your acceptance of the modified terms.
BY CONTINUING TO USE OUR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, YOU ASSERT THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTAND IT. YOU FURTHER ASSERT THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BY BEING SUBJECT TO THESE TERMS THROUGH YOUR USE OF OUR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, YOU ARE VOLUNTARILY SURRENDERING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS AS REQUIRED BY THESE TEMRS.